VRC is proud to release its latest Industry Report. The report provides a concise, insightful update on the Pharmaceutical industry including recent transactions, market multiples, company performance and purchase price allocation percentages.
Read the full report: Pharmaceuticals: October 2020
October 2020 Industry Highlights
- On July 21, 2020, Gilead Sciences, Inc. announced that it will invest $300 million to acquire a 49.9% percent equity interest in Tizona Therapeutics, Inc., a privately held company developing first-in-class cancer immunotherapies. Gilead will also receive an exclusive option to acquire the remainder of Tizona for up to an additional $1.25 billion.
- On September 1, 2020, Boston Pharmaceuticals announced an agreement with Novartis through which Boston Pharmaceuticals will license worldwide development and commercial rights to the drug candidate BOS-580, for the treatment of Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH).
- On September 1, 2020, The Bridgewest Group, a premier private investment company that focuses on disrupting industries through innovation announced its subsidiary’s purchase of Pfizer’s biologics manufacturing facility in Adelaide, Australia. The Adelaide facility has the manufacturing capability, staff expertise, and supporting systems to
execute cGMP grade manufacturing and testing of microbial-based products, including proteins, vaccines, and plasmids from development stage through to commercialization.
- On September 21, 2020, Bristol-Myers Squibb Inc. completed the acquisition of clinical-stage protein engineering company Formation Biologics Inc. The targeted company designs and develops biotherapeutics for the treatment of cancer and fibrotic diseases.
- Read the full October 2020 Pharmaceuticals industry report.
Past Industry Updates: