Valuation Research Corporation (VRC), a leading global provider of independent valuation services, is pleased to announce Kevin Hagemeier and Dan Peterson, senior vice presidents of VRC, will present at the Workiva annual user conference, to be held September 19-21 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville.
Hagemeier and Peterson will present at breakout sessions on September 19 at 4:30 p.m. CT and September 20 at 9:30 a.m. CT discussing how to avoid valuation surprises in accounting for M&A transactions. Attendees will earn 1 CPE. The sessions will explore:
- The intricacies in accounting for a business combination in today’s deal environment
- The nuances of areas that are undergoing changes in best practices
- How to determine the purchase price considering deal structure and components of the consideration paid
- Identifying assets and liabilities acquired and what needs to be valued
- How to apply current best practices in valuing inventory, deferred revenue, and customer assets
- Explaining today’s deal environment
Hagemeier, who holds the designation of accredited senior appraiser (ASA), has significant experience with public and private corporate needs including transactional consulting. He specializes in valuation engagements including intangible assets for business combinations, impairment testing, tax restructuring, tax planning, and stock options.
Peterson regularly works with public and private companies and private equity firms, assisting them with their financial reporting and tax valuation needs. He also works with hedge funds and credit funds helping value their illiquid or hard-to-value assets.
The Workiva user conference brings together over 1,700 accounting, finance, and compliance professionals, industry thought leaders, and Wdesk experts. The conference provides the opportunity for training and professional development, continuing education credit, sharing best practices, and networking with peers.