VRC is proud to release its latest Industry Report. The report provides a concise, insightful update on the Consumer Product Goods – Food & Beverage industry including recent transactions, market multiples, company performance and purchase price allocation percentages.
Read the full report: Consumer Product Goods – Food & Beverage: May 2020
May 2020 Industry Highlights
- On February 23, 2020, PepsiCo, Inc. announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Hangzhou Haomusi Food Co., Ltd., one of the largest online snack companies in China, from Haoxiangni Health Food Co., Ltd. for $705 million. Based in Hangzhou, Be & Cheery has many product offerings across nuts, dried fruits, meat snacks, baked goods and confectionery, and predominantly sells online through the major
ecommerce platforms in China.
- On January 13, 2020, Post Holdings, Inc., a consumer packaged goods holding company, announced it has terminated the agreement to purchase
TreeHouse Foods, Inc.’s ready-to-eat cereal business, following the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s complaint filed in December 2019.
- On January 7, 2020, Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) announced it entered into an agreement to sell its Brazilian Palm Oil Business to Marborges
Agroindustria SA, a palm and palm kernel oil producer for the food, cosmetics, and biofuel sectors.
- On January 7, 2020, ADM purchased Yerbalatina Phytoactives, a Brazilian-based pioneering natural plant-based extracts maker. With this buyout,
ADM will be able to enhance its presence in Brazil, where it has an extensive human and animal nutrition business.
- On January 2, 2020, Conagra Brands announced it sold Lender’s Bagels, a refrigerated and frozen bakery business it acquired as part of its $10.9
billion acquisition of Pinnacle Foods in 2018, to Grupo Bimbo for approximately $33 million.
- Read the full May 2020 CPG Food & Beverage industry report.
Past Industry Updates: