Boston, MA (July 29, 2020) – Valuation Research Corporation (VRC), a leading global provider of independent valuation support and advisory services, announced that Managing Director Chris Mellen will speak at the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA) Business Valuation and Financial Litigation Virtual Conference. The conference runs August 3-7, and Mellen is scheduled to present on the final day.
The NACVA Financial Super Conference provides continued learning and recertification for professionals in the financial valuation industry and addresses topics related to business valuation, financial litigation, healthcare valuation, exit strategies, mergers and acquisitions and transaction advisory services. The conference brings the profession’s leading experts together to present the latest developments.
Mellen will co-present a session on August 7 at 11:35 a.m. EDT titled “The Baby Boom Tsunami of Exiting Owners Has Reached the Shoreline—How to Position Your Practice to Address the Marketplace Opportunity.” The session will cover the following points:
- Discussion and analysis of the population of baby boomer business owners
- Owner demographics and how to identify current client/prospect base
- How and where valuation is critical to initial and ongoing client conversations
- What drivers of value can be improved and/or demonstrated for an exit and available exit options
Mellen will also serve as a panelist on August 7 at 6:20 p.m. EDT for the session “Hardball with Hitchner—Solid Answers to Your Tough Questions.” The panel will discuss the following topics:
- Current issues surrounding discount and growth rates
- Malpractice litigation, DLOMs, control premiums, and minority discounts
- How to excel in financial litigation and expert witnessing
- Emerging industries, best practices, and common mistakes to avoid
- Generational differences in the workplace
Mellen specializes in tax planning and compliance, strategic planning, financing, mergers and acquisitions, fairness opinions, post-acquisition purchase price allocation, financial reporting, estate planning, exit planning, buy-sell agreements, marital dissolution, shareholder disputes, and appraisal review.
An agenda and registration information may be found here.
Valuation Research Corporation is a full-service, independent, global valuation firm. Since 1975, our network of over 1,300 valuation professionals has provided objective, supportable conclusions of value to domestic and international clients. The company’s core services include financial opinions with respect to valuation, solvency, capital adequacy and fairness in connection with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, financings, and financial and tax reporting matters. VRC has locations in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Milwaukee, New York, Princeton, San Francisco, and Tampa; as well as international affiliates in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Germany, India, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Singapore, Spain, and the United Kingdom.