New York (March 4, 2021) – Chad Rucker, Managing Director of Valuation Research Corporation (VRC), a leading global provider of independent valuation support and advisory services, will once again chair Practising Law Institute’s (PLI) upcoming webcast, How to Read Financial Statements. The half-day program, presented via live webcast on March 26 at 9:00 EDT, will discuss the most important elements of financial statements that all attorneys should be aware of during common business transactions and in litigation.
A distinguished panel of experts will provide a primer for understanding the basic elements of balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements. Participants will learn to:
- Understand how to read, understand, and perform basic analyses of balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements
- Identify key components of the asset, liability, and equity sections of a balance sheet, including current and long term assets, current and long term liabilities, retained earnings, and initial capital contributions
- Learn how to calculate and interpret EBITDA and free cash flow
- Evaluate and learn to calculate key financial ratios
- Analyze financial metrics and qualitative factors that can be potential warning signs, indicative of a need for more in-depth investigations
Rucker specializes in fairness and solvency opinions. A holder of a master’s degree in finance from New York University and a bachelor’s degree in finance and economics from Augusta State University, Rucker also earned his juris doctor from New York University School of Law. Rucker also presented at PLI’s 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 Pocket MBA Seminar.
More information, including registration, is available here.