Chad Rucker, Managing Director of Valuation Research Corporation (VRC), a leading provider of independent valuation support, will once again chair the Practising Law Institute (PLI) seminar on the topic of “How to Read Financial Statements.” The event will be held as a live webcast on August 7, 2020, at 9:00 EDT.
During this practical webcast, a distinguished panel of experts will provide a primer for understanding the basic elements of balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements. It is intended to benefit any attorney who works with financial information. Participants will learn to:
- Read, understand, and perform basic analyses of balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements
- Identify key components of the asset, liability, and equity sections of a balance sheet, including current and long-term assets, current and long-term liabilities, retained earnings and initial capital contributions
- Learn how to calculate and interpret EBITDA and free cash flow
- Evaluate and learn to calculate key financial ratios
- Explore P/E multiples
- Analyze financial metrics and qualitative factors that can be potential warning signs, indicative of a need for more in-depth investigations
More information, including registration, is available here.
Practising Law Institute is a nonprofit learning organization dedicated to keeping attorneys and other professionals at the forefront of knowledge and expertise.
Valuation Research Corporation is a full-service, independent, global valuation firm. Since 1975, our network of over 1,300 valuation professionals, which includes VRC’s 160+ U.S.-based colleagues, has provided objective, supportable conclusions of value to domestic and international clients. VRC has locations in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Milwaukee, New York, Princeton, San Francisco, and Tampa; as well as international member firms operating as Valuation Research Group in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Germany, India, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Singapore, Spain, and the United Kingdom.