San Francisco, CA – Valuation Research Corporation (VRC) Senior Vice President Robert Barnett, FRM, CFA presents “Basics of Accounting for Lawyers” as part of a webinar hosted by the Practising Law Institute (PLI) on July 25 and 26, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. PT. VRC is a leading provider of independent valuation support.
During Barnett’s portion of the course, he will address the various valuation issues that litigators and transactional attorneys need to enhance their knowledge of legal matters with a baseline understanding of the financial and accounting concepts tied to that matter. Barnett’s presentation “Anatomy of the Balance Sheet” will cover:
- The elements of a balance sheet – assets, liabilities and stockholders’ equity and their significance
- What to look for when reading a balance sheet
- Current assets, such as cash, receivables, inventories, investments in debt and equity securities, and fixed and other long-term assets, including intellectual property and goodwill
- Current liabilities, leases, long-term debt, pension and other post-retirement benefits, other long-term liabilities, and the common components of stockholders’ equity
- Explanation of impairment in accounting
Attendees will be eligible to receive a variety of credits depending on their state guidelines. To learn more about the event, click here.