Boston, MA (November 18, 2016)
Chris Mellen, Managing Director with Valuation Research Corporation (VRC), a leading provider of independent valuation support, was selected to participate in the fifth annual CEO Leadership Summit panel of experts. The program, titled “The Succession, Transition & Exit Planning Dream Team,” will take place at the Boston Harbor Distillery on Wednesday, December 7 from 5 to 7:30 p.m. The target audience for this event is CEOs and CFOs of private companies.
Discussion topics include:
• New IRS rules that have dramatically impacted your ability to gift part of your business to family members.
• How to create a plan for an equity event potentially years down the line.
• Financing resources: traditional banking and investment banking.
• Business valuation: why the rule of thumb does not work in reality.
• Staging the business and making it known in the industry.
• Engaging senior staff as part of your overall plan for the equity event.
• The impact of taxation on your future plans.
• Estate planning for the business owner: the unique and challenging issues.
• Divestiture and acquisition as part of your exit strategy.
Mellen is an expert on valuation topics, having 27 years’ experience across a wide range of industries. He is co-author of the book Valuation for M&A: Building Value in Private Companies as well as author of several published articles on valuation-related matters.
For more information on the CEO Leadership Summit, or to register, click here.
VRC furnishes expert and independent opinions of value for solvency, fairness, business enterprises, intangible assets, capital stock, equity interests, real estate, and fixed assets. VRC has provided valuations and value-related services worldwide since 1975. VRC has locations in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Houston, Milwaukee, New York, Princeton, San Francisco, and Tampa; as well as international affiliates in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Germany, Luxembourg, Mexico, Spain, and the United Kingdom.